Pack Gathering Data Protection Policy
Pack Gathering with Cesar Millan, together with the Organisers (collectively referred to as “PGWCM”), takes its responsibilities stipulated under the Personal Data Protection Act, 2012, Singapore (“PDPA”) seriously. We recognise the importance of safeguarding the personal data you have provided us and will responsibly manage and protect your data.
This Data Protection Policy details the manner with which we collect, use, disclose and/or process the personal data you have provided to us. We hope that it will assist you in making an informed decision before providing us with any of your personal data.
If you have any queries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please contact our Social Media Manager who serves as our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at email@example.com
1. INTRODUCTION TO THE PDPA
1. “Personal Data” is defined under PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access.
2. PGWCM will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA directly from you, and will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
2. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, which include but are not limited to:
1. Communicating with you on your enquiries;
2. Sending you updates relating to our events and activities which may be of interest to you;
3. Administrative matters on your ticket purchases;
4. Processing your signups/ registrations for volunteer open calls;
5. Any other purposes that we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent,
(the above collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
As the purposes for which PGWCM may/will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such a purpose may not appear above. However, PGWCM will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
1. SPECIFIC ISSUES FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
PGWCM respects the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us. As such, PGWCM will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so.
However, please note that PGWCM may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
1. cases in which the disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
2. cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely manner;
3. cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
4. cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
5. cases in which the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer;
6. cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest; and/or
7. where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
The instances listed above are not intended to be exhaustive. Should you require more information, kindly refer to the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the PDPA which is publicly available at http://statutes.agc.gov.sg .
Where we disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your personal data.
1. REQUEST FOR ACCESS AND/OR CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in PGWCM’s possession or control by submitting a written request to PGWCM. Please provide PGWCM with adequate information to confirm your identity, as well as details on the nature of your request, to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For a request to access personal data, once PGWCM receives sufficient information from you to deal with the request, PGWCM will seek to provide you with the relevant personal data within 30 days. Note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your access request.
3. For a request to correct personal data, once PGWCM receives sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will correct your personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to do so within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest practicable time within which we can make the correction. Note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your correction request as well as provides for situation(s) when correction need not be made by us despite your request.
2. REQUEST TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
1. You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in PGWCM’ control by submitting your request to email@example.com or by opting out of our mailing lists via our electronic direct mailers.
2. PGWCM will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
3. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that PGWCM will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
3. ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
1. PGWCM will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete, if your personal data is likely to be used by PGWCM to make a decision that affects you. However, this means that you must update PGWCM of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with. PGWCM will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from your not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided the company with.
2. PGWCM will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, PGWCM cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
3. PGWCM will also put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that:
1. the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and
2. retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
4. COMPLAINT PROCESS
Should you have any complaint or grievance regarding about how PGWCM is handling your personal data or about how PGWCM should be complying with the PDPA, please contact us with details of your complaint or grievance via:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1. As part of PGWCM’s efforts to ensure that your personal data is properly managed, protected and processed, PGWCM will be reviewing its policies, procedures and processes annually according to PGWCM’s Systems Review Policy.
2. PGWCM reserves the right to amend the terms of this Data Protection Policy at the company’s discretion. Any amended Data Protection Policy will be posted on the PGWCM website.